Competency 4 – Maintaining relationship with patients: Develop and maintain respect for the roles of other professionals
Objective: to ensure the appreciation of the professional position of the OH advisor, employer and employees
DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN RESPECT FOR THE ROLES OF OTHER PROFESSIONALS.
Good Medical Practice (2006) outlines guiding principles in relation to respect for colleagues as
- You must treat your colleagues fairly and with respect.
- You must not bully or harass them, or unfairly discriminate against them by allowing your personal views* to affect adversely your professional relationship with them.
- You should challenge colleagues if their behaviour does not comply with this guidance.
- You must not make malicious and unfounded criticisms of colleagues that may undermine patients’ trust in the care or treatment they receive, or in the judgement of those treating them.
* This includes your views about a colleague’s age, colour, culture, disability, ethnic or national origin, gender, lifestyle, marital or parental status, race, religion or beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, or social or economic status.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/fom.ac.uk/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/fom2014/page.php on line 101